Wednesday 12 June 2013

I'm A Chicken Hawk and I'm After Chicken

A few weeks ago I mentioned how while visiting my parents I was trying to snag a picture of a bird, but came up with nothing but Chipmunks.  Well, it's not entirely true.  I did come home with this one shot of a sparrow, but I didn't really think it would make it to the pages of my blog.  To be honest, the only reason why it's here is because while watching those Looney Tunes cartoons the other day, I mean while doing research for my Plymouth Road Runner photograph, I was reminded of the Foghorn Leghorn character and the trouble he had with that little Chicken Hawk.  This little guy kind of reminded me of him.  I found a cool quote to use as a title and so I opened the file, decided to try cropping it a few different ways and here we are. Before posting, the photograph had to survive a little focus group viewing and once it got the thumbs up from my Lovely Assistant, I figured, hey, why not.  As I said before, I'm not totally satisfied with this shot, but it is my first bird, and hopefully those to come in the near future will show improvement.  This photo, rather than the bird, was shot at f/5.6, 1/200sec, ISO100 at 300mm.  I then cropped it down to 12" x 12", placing the bird on the lower third of the photo.  Seeing as how the birds at my mom's feeder ended up being so camera shy, maybe I should starting start looking for chickens too!

No comments:

Post a Comment